The delivery gone wrong!!!

We knew Rylee was breached for the last 2 months, so the plan was on July 31st to have her. I had a scheduled doctors appointment the day before and that morning I started having contractions & was at a 4 so they sent me to the hospital. My contractons were 2 minutes apart so at that point we knew we were having a baby! Luckily Eric had come to the appointment so he was already there with me. The plan was for the doctor to try to flip Rylee around in the womb & then they would break my water & I'd get to have her. Usually they do this in either the doctors office or in a labor & delivery room at the hospital. There was a demand for operating rooms that morning so my doctor said so we don't loose the operating room we will try the flip down there. I'm so thankful we went down there because it was unsuccessfull and Rylee's heartbeat went from in the 140 range to under 60 bmp & they ended up having to do a emergency c-section! Rylee was out in under 1 minute, it happened soooo fast!!! It was a very scary & traumatic delivery because since it was an emergency they didn't let Eric in the room, so I had to go through it all alone crying & freaking out. I kept asking for my husband & they just ignored me. Just going through the 3 attempts to flip her was so much pain & scary & then to experience the rest was a lot to take in all alone. After she was born he came in & I was glad to have him there! 

I'm just so thankful that we were in the operating room, who know what would of happened if we were in his office or in another part of the hospital & this happened! All the drama aside, we got a sweet, healthy baby girl!! She was 7lbs 2oz and 22 1/2 inches long!!!! She was almost exactly 1 pound larger then Emily and 3 inches longer then Emily!! I always measured 2-3 weeks small at my doctors appointments so I expected her to be a lot smaller then Emily so it was a shock she was bigger!!!

Eric picked her first name (it's still growing on me) but I changed the spelling because my middle name is Lee, so I wanted to include that in it & I think it looks more girly spelled Rylee :) Emily's middle name is after Eric's grandma so we wanted Rylee's middle name to be after my grandma ... Nora May. I think it's a sweet name & hopefully it will fit her personality!!










1 comment:

Bastian Duo said...

What a scary event!! So glad that she is here and everything is alright.