Emily's 1st trip to the emergency room!!

What holiday wouldn't be complete with out something exciting happening?? Two days before Christmas Eric thought he was having a heart attack and went to the emergency room, Valentines Day I felt the baby move for the first time and now on Easter we had to make our first trip to the emergency room with Emily! We were actually shocked that we made it almost 2 years and this was the first time since she is such a little dare-devil like her daddy!!
Eric was giving Emily a bath and she was trying to climb up on the ledge and color (This pictures was actually taken a few weeks ago) and she slipped off and hit her chin on the ledge of the tub and bit her tongue and split her chin open. I wasn't in the room when it happened and when I walked in there was blood all over her body and she was crying and I started to freak out. I really don't handle blood well and had to walk away and let Eric take care of her. Thankfully he was there to save the day and take care of her!! He told me she needed to go to the emergency room & get stitches, so he got her cleaned up, dress and off we went. 

Emily was so tough and cried for just a couple minutes when it happened but we think she was more scared and in pain over her tongue that she didn't know her chin was busted open. As soon as I gave her the binky she stopped crying and was back to her normal happy self! 

She cooperated so well at the hospital, we were in shock, we've never seen her be so still :) They weighed her and she was 19.6 pounds!!

She let all the nurses look at her owie and was so brave!

The owie :{

The nurse told us they were going to numb it and do stitches but when the doctor came in he said that they could use something called dermabond, it's basically super glue and glue it back together. The gross part was  when the doctor said "the tricky part is going to be getting the chunks of fat pushed back in there" at that point I had to walk away, I couldn't watch anymore! It took 4 people to hold her down and it was so sad, but the doctor got her all fixed up and you couldn't even tell anything happened, she is back to her happy self, climbing and doing flips today :) I'm just thankful it wasn't more serious, and it's in a spot she doesn't notice it, thankful for a responsive hubby!!


1 comment: