In Memory Of My Grandma Nora

My Grandma Nora passed away from ovarian cancer in 2005. One thing that she loved was making quilts. Before she passed away we completed one quilt and started this one ... we never got a chance to finish it together. She helped me come up with design and measurements and we used some of her scrap fabric. We made all but 1 square together. It's been sitting in a closet and my Aunt Debbie recently said that she would help me finish it. She also has a passion for quilts and is a perfectionist like my Grandma :)! I figured it's been sitting long enough and it's time it gets finished. So she has taken on the binding, the border, the back and then quilting it all together. It's such a HUGE task and really a blessing that she is doing this for me! I'm VERY THANKFUL to her. My Mom, cousin Ginger, and I all went over to my Aunt's house the past week to help pin all the layers together, now all that is left is to sew it all together. This is the last picture and one of the only ones I have of my Grandma Nora and I. It was one of the last holidays our whole family spent together before she passed away. It's a special memory for me! I miss her more then words can describe - not having her and knowing that Emily will never know her has left a huge hole in my heart. Her death is something that I still don't think to this day I've come to terms with. I really try to block it all out and not think about it, but when I do it's the saddest pain ... I know everything happens according to God's will but I 100% think she was taken too soon! I miss my Grandma. I hope to hold onto her memory a little longer with this special quilt.
 
 
 
 
 





You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

In Christ, there are no goodbyes
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again

And I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow

I've never been more homesick than now

1 comment:

Bastian Duo said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!!! Nice job and what an accomplishment.