What it's like having 2 kids:
- Changing a 2 year olds diaper just feels so dumb ... she should of been potty trained a LONG time ago!!
- Carrying a 2 year old is just silly! Plus 21 pounds feels sooo HEAVY now!
- Sleep deprivation isn't as bad this time
- I forgot how infants toes smell like nasty old trash
- A double stroller all though heavy & awkward is a must & a total lifesaver
- Never turn away help!!
- Make the night feeding bottles ahead of time for the whole night
- I've tricked Em into thinking it's so cool to throw away the dirty diapers
- Make up is overrated but lip gloss & mascara when going somewhere is a must :)
- Date night ... what's that?!
- A feeding schedule for Rylee ... duh!! Why didn't I do this with Emily?! Rylee sleeps so much better because of this I think.
- If one child is sleeping most likely the other is awake ... AND screaming
- Em has no concept of what "BE QUIET!!" means
- You can spoil a infant too much & once you've accomplished that, you'll never be able to put them down. Therefore you'll never accomplish anything.
- Getting Rylee on the same nap schedule as the Emily is a must!!!
- Who cares about a clean house, dinner & clean laundry anymore?!
- When both kids are screaming at the same time it's hard to decide who's issue is more important ... a couple times both have been screaming & I silly screamed & it made Em laugh & stop & made me feel good to scream haha :)
So it's a major life adjustment & frustrating at times but I look at both these sweet faces & THANK GOD He's trusted me as their mom, they are so cute, sweet, funny and the best blessings in my life, every challenge is worth it!!









2 comments:
This post made me laugh.....infant toes smell like trash!! That is so funny!!! You are a great Mom and adjusting well!!!
Love your comments of what it is like with 2. and I LOVE the BandW picture of you and Rylee!
Post a Comment