♥ 12 Months Old ♥



16 lbs. (5%)


YAY ... we made it from baby to toddler all in one piece!!! It's so weird and sad to say my child is a t-o-d-d-l-e-r ... not a baby. She seems to tiny to be a toddler. We went to a new pediatrician this month and I really like her so I'm excited that Emily has a good doctor now! She told me that Emily was a strong-willed child & that she was developmentally advanced & acted more like a 15 month old toddler then a 12 month old toddler!! We've known pretty much since she was born that she was going to be a strong-willed child and it just makes the journey harder in some ways but her personality is so fun because of it. We of course always have thought she was smart but it's nice to hear a doctor say she is advanced, makes me proud, but certainly it's something she gets from her dad!! She is just a tiny little thing (always has been I guess) but I was starting to get worried because she really isn't growing. She has been pretty much at the same height and weight since she was 7 months old, but the doctor said she is just tiny and will a tiny adult so it's nothing to worry about, so that was nice to hear. The doctor has a forumla to figure out her height and said Emily should be about 5' 3" which is just fun to think about - well to me it is :) Anyways ... she is ALWAYS joyful and has a smile on her face. I realized that her eye color is pretty much an exact copy of my eye color. Since she was turning 1 this month I taught her to hold up 1 finger when I ask her how old she is! She knows to press buttons on certain toys that will play music and then she loves to dance to the music, it's SO CUTE!! She walks really good in shoes now. She still hates swings and grass, but LOVES bike rides & playing in her pool. She wont even stand in grass in shoes. She loves to give her toys kisses but hardly ever gives people kisses. She had her 3rd top tooth poke through the skin. She is a total mama's girl, wants mama to hold her all the time, only wants mama to feed her bottles, cries when mama leaves, it makes her daddy feel a little left out, but I like it :) She hardly ever will lay down to take a bottle, she wants to walk around with it or sit up on my lap and drink it. She drinks great out of a bottle but if I put handles on it or if she drinks out of a sippy cup she will suck the water or milk out of it and spit it on the ground ... she thinks it funny ... she looks like she got a bucket of water dumped on her when she is done. As soon as the handles come off she'll drink it normal, it's really odd! She finally understands "NO"!! She has gotten an interest in books this month. She loves to turn the pages and look at the pictures and laugh. She loves her fake phone and will hold it up to her ear with her shoulder when I say "hello". She give high-fives! She shares things. She loves to be chased, she even turns her head around to make sure we are still coming after her and she just giggles the whole time. She has a few small cars that she can sit on and ride, she'll sit on them and rock back and forth wanting to go for a ride. She still loves peek-a-boo and likes to play it with strangers in stores. She is starting to pick up patty-cake and she'll walk around the house rolling her arms around. She'll hold her legs up and out in the air when I get her dressed - trying to help. She can bend over and pick things up off the ground when walking. When we get her out of the bath I'll take her to the mirror and she loves to look at her reflection and make faces at herself. She has adopted a way of "no" to her ... she'll wave her hands back and forth when she doesn't want something or she is done eating. She has started to bite. She got to have 4 birthday celebrations. She share her toys with us or pick things up and hand them to us. She'll wave good-bye. She has mini temper tantrums and will fall on the ground and kick her feet & scream - little stinker!! She understand certain things like when I say "bath" she will get excited and walk to the bath tub, when I say "come on" she will follow me, when I say "do you want to go bye-bye" she will walk to the garage door.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: