
I thought Emily has been having a long lasting allergic reaction to the oranges and strawberries that I gave her earlier this month, but it wont go away, so I took her to the doctor and she told me it wasn't an allergic reaction that is was just dry skin due to the change in the weather.
Well it's been a week since then and the rash has spread under her chin, up towards her right eye and to her hand. It's getting really bad! So I took her back to her pediatrician told me she has eczema! The doctor saw that it was starting to get on her arms and legs too and that they would get as bad as her face! Her doctor told me to just lube her up with Vaseline and that it would last for the whole winter and would just get worse but there wasn't anything I could do.
Well I went home and googled it and freaked out - there are some pretty scary pictures of it. So I called my friend Sarah and asked her about humidifier because maybe one would help Em a little. She also suggested an oatmeal bath. So I went to Target got a humidifier and every thing that Aveeno makes for eczema! I got home gave Em a 15 minute oatmeal bath, then a regular bath and then lubed her up in all the creams I bought. Her arms, hand and leg look a lot better already today. Her face is still red :C So I took her to my dermatologist and he gave me a steroid cream and it was gone in 3 days! I want to punch her pediatrician who told me there was nothing I could do!
Spa day for Em ... having an oatmeal bath!
This is just plain cute!
You'll have to turn off the music at the end of my blog to hear her, but she is making the sweetest sound - pure happiness! I love her!! She is so cute :)
1 comment:
I am so glad that you went to another doctor. So glad that she is getting better, I would punch that ped...I can't beleive that she said that!! She loves that faucet..wait until next year when she find the hose. You are such a good mom to keep doing research until you find a cure! I would just return all of the stuff that you bought and say that she is allergic to it, that way you aren't out a bunch of money. HOORAY for Em getting better.
Post a Comment