I got this idea to go on a hike to Blue Lake in Cascade because my friend Rusty and his wife went and it looked so beautiful and it would be something different and fun and a way to get out of the house. It was only a two mile hike (round trip) and the description was "easy" .... well let me tell you it wasn't easy, it was brutal! It was pretty much a straight down hill hike there and of course if you go down you have to come up! It was horrible coming up! My legs were like jello, Emily was crying and Eric has a still messed up hip, so it was hard for him - it's wasn't the smartest idea I've ever had to say the least! They lake was however very pretty and it was fun family quality time! This is the lake from the top of the parking lot area.... I wasn't exaggerating - it was straight down & straight up!
I carried Emily the mile down ....
Obviously I have some training to do with Emily ... she doesn't seem to care at all about my pictures/looking cute in our family memories ... She need camera trained!
Daddy packed Emily out - straight up the mountain - what a guy!
She was NOT happy! Her ears and nose were bright red from being cold and she had snot running down her nose ... poor baby ... bad idea Mommy!!
1 comment:
Yikes!!! Looks so pretty!! So sorry it was so rough, live and learn right? At least you all looked good!!
Post a Comment