"We prayed for this child and
the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him"
~ 1 Samuel 1:27
That's our sweet blessing Emily! She is truly a gift from God! We've prayed for her and wanted her so bad and now that she is here I think our lives are complete! We couldn't be any happier and more proud to be her parents! She is such a sweet little girl! As of yesterday (she was just 5 days old) she had already gained 2 ounces more then her birth weight, so she is a good eater! She has jaundice REALLY bad and is so yellow - almost orange I would say. And the poor thing has to have her blood drawn from her foot every day to check her bilirubin levels checked. So far everyday it's been going up so she has to sit on a a biliblanket for some phototherapy to help treat it, it's like her own personal tanning bed! She looks like a glow worm on it. She has to be on it pretty much 24/7 unless she needs a diaper change and she has to wear these glasses to protect her eyes, so she can't see - it's sad. I'm really hoping that it will work and she wont have to be on it very long. So she could use some prayers about this - prayer that her levels will go back to normal - fast!! Other then that she is doing really well, it's a lot easier then I expected it to be, so that makes me happy! She is just such a joy! I love just watching her & the expressions she makes - she just melts my heart! Eric is such a proud daddy! It's so cute to listen to him talk to her and sing to her her. He has been such a big support and help to both of us - I'm so thankful to be in this together with him! We just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their extreme kindness and generous spirits these last few days! We've been blessed with meals every night, clothes, diapers and other gifts! We truly have such a wonderful group of support around us and we are SO thankful to everyone!

2 comments:
Oh no, well this is a just a small bump in the road. She will heal fast! You guys are in my thought and prayers.
What an amazing blessing to have a new baby, a wonderful husband and good family and friends there for you. Heavenly Father Loves you and it is obvious!! I am so happy for you and for your sweet blessing in your lives.
Post a Comment