Only 1 week left!!


My doctor is pretty sure that I wont go into labor on my own any time soon & he is going on a vacation so we have a planned induction on the 7th!! I know I'm pregnant but I think I'm in denial still, about ME actually having a baby. After 39 weeks it still really hasn't fully sunk in yet. I'm always a "debbie downer" and really never expected 1-the in vitro to work, especially on the first try 2-I never really expected to make it past my first 3 months because I had a lot of cramping 3 - I really never thought that Eric and I would ever have our own baby/family and so it's all still such a strange concept for some reason to me. I tell people that and they think I'm weird, which I guess it does sound odd, but with everything I've been through, I was just so used to the idea that this would never happen and so it's still hard for me to take in as MY reality. Never the less we are super excited to meet this baby next week! I've been nesting & I've been ready for weeks now! I think my bag & baby's bag has been packed for about 4 weeks now! I think it's going to be a girl and Eric thinks it's going to be a boy so it will be fun to see who is right. I think we have officially decided on names. If it's a boy it will be Caleb and if it's a girl it will be Emily, so it's nice to know we wont have to leave the hospital with a child that doesn't have a name - I was worried about that. As I think about the birth and not being pregnant any more, I feel a little sad - it's bittersweet. The sweet part is obviously the baby and starting our family. The bitter part would not being pregnant any more. I will admit it's hard being pregnant & very awkward & uncomfortable, but I've always wanted to be pregnant and I loved being pregnant over all - I love the big belly and feeling the baby kick and move in there is such a neat experience, one I'll miss. However I am really looking forward to fingers & toes that don't swell, seeing my toes again, not having to waddle around and to wear my normal clothes again! So I think my next post will be about the baby ..... :)

2 comments:

Bastian Duo said...

I can't believe that next week you will FINALLY be a mommy to a sweet baby! It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that we started this journey together and you are almost to the finish line. You are going to be a wonderful mom just like you have been a great friend to me. I am so happy that you and I have been able to learn all of the "wonderful" things that happen with you are prego together! I am praying for a quick, mild pain delivery of a HEALTHY baby for you guys.

Anonymous said...

I just got on in Blog land for a second and wanted to tell you I would be praying for you. I've been pregnant quite a bit and every time it is still surreal to me... up until the end. ;) Even when the baby's born, I just stare at it in wonder. lol You're not weird by any means. I pray you have a fast, pain free (as possible) labor. <3