
I can't believe that I'm really 30 weeks pregnant! Sounds so strange - I still can't believe that I'm really pregnant some days - well that is until I get a big kick to the ribs, then it seems real. I'm so excited that we are down to just 10 weeks and then this baby will be here!! We are so ready and now we're just playing the waiting game. Everything is still going fine and I'm still feeling over all pretty good. I just feel HUGE & uncomfortable ALL the time, which I hear will just keep getting worse. We measured my belly the other day & I've stretched 10 inches in my belly so far and I've gained 18 pounds - not a single stretch mark yet, I'm hoping I'll be lucky and get to avoid those!

On Monday I have another ultrasound because I have something called Placenta Previa. It's an uncommon complication of pregnancy. It's when the placenta attaches to the lower part of the uterine all and partially or completely covers the cervix. It can cause excessive bleeding before or during the delivery. And since it's covering the cervix it makes it impossible to have a vaginal birth. I read that about 1 out of 200 pregnancies have this, but most of the time before delivery it fixes it's self. So my ultrasound on Monday will tell us if it has moved or not. If so then great and if not then I'll be on bed rest and we'll have a c-section delivery. Either way I think everything will be fine. Honestly I'm getting a little freaked out about a natural delivery so taking the easy route & having a c-section might be nice ...
No comments:
Post a Comment