BABY MAKE N'

"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD:

and the fruit of the womb is his reward." Psalm 127:3


We've been married for 4 years and have been trying to have a baby for 4 years and haven't had any luck. For me probably more then Eric it’s been very devastating and long 4 years. I’ve had cysts, I have endometriosis, I’ve had one ovary removed and I’ve been through menopause. I really never thought we would have the chance to be parents.

One day my Mom called and said she just stumbled upon a add for a fertility clinic in Boise and that I should check out their website and see if they would see us so we could just ask some questions and see what our options were. I was a little hesitant but I went to their website, filled out the questions and waited for someone to call me back. We did get to meet with the doctor and his staff and got most of our questions answered and we decided Invitro was best for us. But there were a few catches first being the HUGE expense of it & how we would pay for it and second the timing, It was the middle of June and I was going to be coming off my menopause meds at the end of June which was going to be the perfect timing to start a cycle of Invitro so we had less then a week to decide that we wanted to do this and come up with all the money. It was a stressful choice to make. We knew we wanted kids, I guess we didn’t know it would happen so fast. Thankfully we were able to come up with all the money. I say thankfully but really it’s a bittersweet way we got the money. My grandparents passed away around 5 years ago and left me some money, we were able to use it for this. That added a lot of stress to me because I didn’t want to waste this money. It wasn’t just money to me, it was the last thing I had of my grandparents, and whatever I used it on I wanted to make them proud with it and I would feel SO guilty If I used it for this and it didn’t work.

So Invitro is a stressful & emotional process. There were days I couldn’t stop crying for many reasons, I was very stress because I just wanted this to work so bad and was worried it wouldn’t. Then there was the medication. Just the medication was $3,360.00! This was meds for less then a month. My daily meds included 1-2 injections in the belly (Eric did most of them, but I did give myself 3 of them! & my friend Heather gave me one - thank you Heather for helping us make a baby!) along with pills for me, pills for Eric. I had blood work and ultrasounds done pretty much everyday. Once I had enough eggs and they were matured enough I had a small surgery to have them removed (which happened on our 4th anniversary). Once they were removed they were injected with Eric’s sperm and put in an incubator for 3 days and they grow to an embryo. We had a total of 10 embryos! Once they are embryos we decided to have 2 embryos (they freeze the rest) implanted into my uterus. Just over a week later we found out that we are pregnant!!!

I’m only 4 weeks along so I realize that this announcement may be a little early and we should wait because we could loose it, but we are just SO happy & excited that we wanted to share. Please pray that it would be a healthy pregnancy, that I’ll be able to carry it to full term, and that we don’t have triplets!

God has been so good to us, and we are so thankful to have the chance to do this and I really feel like my grandparents would be happy and that we have their blessing. Everything happened according to such a perfect time line that I just know it was all in Gods hands and it happened according to his will. We are very blessed and thankful!!

5 comments:

Bastian Duo said...

I am so happy for the both of you. I have know that you have wanted your own child for so long and the lord has really blessed you. You will be the best parents any kid could have. Can't wait to see the weekly pictures of the belly growth. Enjoy the time together becuase in just a few short months life will be SOOOOO different.

Tara said...

Holly I am so happy for you and your husband. When I read the part about your grandparents I started to tear up. I am very, very close to my grandparents so it kind of hit home with me. I'll keep you and your lil future bundle of joy in my prayers. I wish you all the best. You will be a great mommy.

P-s I am a blogger now lol... you should stop by. I am still new to it :)http://tarahebison.blogspot.com/

candace smith said...

you know we will be praying. love you <3

Kristen said...

Wow that is awesome!! I almost started crying when I read it because I'm so happy for you. You will be amazing parents! It's an incredible and scary experience all at the same time, and knowing how much work it is with just one baby I will pray daily for you that you don't get multiples ;) lol. But after reading about all the trials you've had and how beautifully you've handled them I'm sure whatever came your way you could do it piece of cake!

endlessglowbyjessica said...

Oh Holly! I am so happy for you! You know I will be praying for you! Congratulations, and I hope everything goes amazing for you! Love ya girl!