These are not very clear pictures, but I went to see my doctor yesterday (it's been 7 weeks since my surgery) and this is an x-ray from the visit.
The doctor said that everything looked good and it was starting to grow bone and heal nicely! I start physical therapy next week! I was promoted to sitting 30 minutes at a time now! He wants me to start wearing a back brace and I still have to wear the bone stimulator which I was hoping that he would say I didn’t need to do either anymore, but it’s not a big deal.
So you can’t really see the hardware in this picture, but I actually have more hardware in there this time then I did with my last surgery, yet I don’t feel a thing! It’s so nice because I felt the hardware everyday last time, so it’s such a nice change. I have 5 screws, 2 rods, a metal chage and a kick plate up the front of my spine! It sounds so odd to me! I’m so happy with the outcome and so lucky that this surgery went better then the last one and I’m pretty much never in any pain – it’s a real blessing!
The doctor said that everything looked good and it was starting to grow bone and heal nicely! I start physical therapy next week! I was promoted to sitting 30 minutes at a time now! He wants me to start wearing a back brace and I still have to wear the bone stimulator which I was hoping that he would say I didn’t need to do either anymore, but it’s not a big deal.
So you can’t really see the hardware in this picture, but I actually have more hardware in there this time then I did with my last surgery, yet I don’t feel a thing! It’s so nice because I felt the hardware everyday last time, so it’s such a nice change. I have 5 screws, 2 rods, a metal chage and a kick plate up the front of my spine! It sounds so odd to me! I’m so happy with the outcome and so lucky that this surgery went better then the last one and I’m pretty much never in any pain – it’s a real blessing!


No comments:
Post a Comment