We decided we wanted to fly somewhere for lunch today, but with the price of gas for the plane being $5.54 a gal. we just decided to take the big trip to Nampa (which is like 5 minutes in the plane). I normally keep my new camera with me at all time - just in case, but this time I forgot it and when we got to the Nampa Airport the Warhawk Air Museum was having a special display of a WWII B-25 airplane. It along with other old planes were flying & I was so mad that I didn't have my camera. So I went home after lunch and Eric and I went back. I wish I had a video because it was so neat to not only watch them fly but also to hear them. They were selling rides in them too for a mere $450.00 - CrAzY!!


Here it is flying with it's wings in place

The B-25 Mitchell is best known for its role in the famous Doolittle raid on Japan in 1942. The well-known mission where 16 B-25s flew from the aircraft carrier USS Hornet to make the first attack on Japan following the Pearl Harbor attack has been seen in countless movies, books, and articles and was one of the key events of the early days of the war. Throughout WWII, the B-25 played a major role as a medium bomber and ground attack aircraft in both the Pacific and European Theater of operations. Over 9,800 B-25's were built from 1940 to 1945, but only around 30 remain in flying condition today, flown by private operators and museums.










No comments:
Post a Comment