HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!


"HER CHILDREN ARISE AND CALL HER BLESSED; HER HUSBAND ALSO, AND HE PRAISES HER; MANY WOMEN DO NOBLE THINGS, BUT YOU SURPASS THEM ALL. CHARM IS DECEPTIVE AND BEAUTY IS FLEETING; BUT A WOMAN WHO FEARS THE LORD IS TO BE PRAISED. GIVE HER THE REWARD SHE HAS EARNED, AND LET HER WORKS BRING HER PRAISE." PROVERBS 31:28-31

I just want to say thank you Mom for always loving me, always supporting me, thanks for never giving up on me, thanks for always giving me a hug when I need one, thanks for always being there for advice, thanks for making me laugh so much, thanks for being a positive role model, thanks for setting a good example of what a mother is supposed to be so I can pass that along to my children, thank you for all the pick-me-ups along the way, thanks for putting up with my rude attitudes and mood swings, thanks for taking me to dance class even though you couldn't afford it, thanks for teaching me to always say thank you, thanks for teaching me to be a person of faith, thank you for encouraging my dreams, thank you for watching Alexis so I could go to school, thank you for being there to wipe all my tears away, thank you for pretending to "adjust" your mirror when driving by our school bus, thanks for being so strong,thanks for always curling my hair & making it so poofy as a kid, thanks for being my best friend, thanks for teaching me to drive a stick shift, thanks for letting me make my own mistakes, thanks for staying in the hospital with me, thanks for letting me wear those big dresses (from Gail) all the time, thanks for first new car (sorry that you had to sell it), thanks for getting your own chain saw so you could cut fire wood, thanks for your "Jim Carey" face :), thanks for bringing Mike & his girls into our family, thanks for so forgiving, happy, loving, compassionate, strong, and humble, thanks for that coat you got me one year for Christmas, thanks for always putting us kids first, thanks for being so amazingly wonderful - I hope some day I can be just as great as you are at being a mom, I love you sooooo much!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

* sniff * This is great! I love it.

BUT you forgot.... "and thank you for your unforgettable Jim Carrey face"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

Hey Holly,
Wow! That is the most awesome "Thanks" I have ever heard. As I was reading that it was fun to go through my mind all of the fun times that we had and all the other times that weren't so fun and now when I look back I really wonder how we got through some of the things in our lives. One thing for certain is that you are an amazing, wonderful and special person to me and the really cool thing is...............I would really love you even if you werent my kid! I am so proud of you and how you are taking care of Alexis. No matter what happens with her, her life will be better because of all you have done. The other day I was looking through your blog (I was at work) and I just broke down and cried seeing all the photos of all of my kids, seeing that Tyler was leaving, seeing all of the changes that have happened over the past three years. Wondering how it would be if Grandma and Grandpa were still here to share in all of this. I am so proud of each one of you. We are still a family in one piece when at times it seemed all the pieces were shattering. I love you very much!
MOM