

So I've been having some really bad back pain for the last 5 months. I thought that it was just a muscle thing from bending over and picking up Alexis all the time and since her weight is just about half of my whole weight I thought it was just putting a lot of stress on my body. I went to one chiropractor and he told me to eat more protein and I saw him a few times and it just wasn't getting any better, so last week I went to a diffrent chiropractor and he did some x-rays and told me that I have Spondylolisthesis and my back is broken! I was so shocked. I have no idea how this happened, but it explains why my back hurts so much! It's when one of your vertebra breaks off from the rest of your spine and it slips away from the top of your disc.
So yesterday I went and saw a surgen and he told me that my top half of my spine is not connected to my lower half of my spine and that it's a permanent - hearing this kind of gave me the chills and freaked me out. He told me that I need to go to physical therapy for the next 6 weeks to see if I can get my muscles stronger - becuase that is the only thing that is holding my spine in place right now and if that doesn't work then I think he will consider a surgery.
This is so CRAZY to me - I wish I knew how this happened, but I hope that it get's to feeling better, because it's very uncomfortable.
2 comments:
Hey! It was so great to talk with you and catch up. Holy cow! It's been forever. (Which explains the nearly 2 hour phone convo)
Anyhow... I hope your back starts to feel better. Spondylolisthesis is actually a pretty common thing! Physical Therapy will help you out a ton and you'll be back to feeling better before you know it.
I really hope you can come out to visit. I promise a good time for you!
Love you!
Holly that is crazy! Your back really is broken! I am sorry, I bet you really have been in pain. Good luck with surgery and I hope you feel better. :(
Post a Comment